What is HypnoBirthing?
HypnoBirthing is a program uniquely designed for mothers and their birth companions. It is the natural approach to childbirth!
HypnoBirthing classes prepare you with the knowledge, confidence and tools you need to birth calmly. Birth can, and should be, a positive experience – one that you will always want to remember.
HypnoBirthing is as much as a philosophy as it is a technique. It is a rewarding, relaxing, stress-free method of birthing that is based on the belief that all babies should come into the world in an atmosphere of gentility, calm and joy.
When a mother is properly prepared for birthing physically, mentally, and spiritually, she can experience the joy of birthing her baby in an easier, more comfortable, and often, pain-free, manner.
Through a well-thought out program of deep relaxation, self-hypnosis, special breathing techniques, visualization, affirmations, and education, HypnoBirthing returns to a woman the art of birthing in a way that allows her to summon her natural birthing instincts and to birth her baby in safety and with ease.
In HypnoBirthing classes you will learn:
Everything you need to know to achieve safer, easier, and more comfortable birth.
To explore the myth that pain is a necessary accompaniment to labor
Techniques of deep relaxation to help you eliminate the Fear – Tension – Pain Syndrome.
How your body is naturally designed to conceive, nurture and birth your baby with ease and comfort.
To create your body’s own natural epidural (endorphins), the only safe labor enhancement.
Natural ways to bring your body into labor without artificial induction.
How you and your birthing companion can create a birthing environment that is calm, serene, and joyful rather than tense and stressful.
Gentle birthing techniques that allow you to breathe your baby into the world without the pressure of hard physical pushing.
To use your natural birthing instincts to birth your baby in a way that most mirrors the way that nature intended.
The HypnoBirthing program consists of 5 classes that run for 2.5 hours per class. The classes are held once a week for 5 weeks. The program is designed for the birthing mother and her companion (either her partner or friend that will be attending the birth).
A magical experience (testimonial)
“HyponoBirthing is a must for everyone. I have such great memories of my daughter's birth due to the techniques and positive mindset that HypnoBirthing teaches.
Our bodies and our babies know exactly how to birth and the course reminds us this which ultimately removes fears we may have and allows us to truly enjoy this beautiful experience.
Hayley is such an amazing instructor for the course. She is such a compassionate person and I really felt like she cared about me and the birth of my baby. I couldn't speak more highly for both Hypnobirthing and Hayley as an instructor!
My only regret is not knowing about this for the birth of my first baby”.
Karen E. Canmore
Building A Positive Expectancy
• Introduction to the remarkable HypnoBirthing® philosophy
• The History of Women and Birthing
• Why and how you can have an easier, more comfortable, and safer birthing
• How Nature perfectly designed women’s bodies to birth
• How to assist, rather than resist, your natural birthing instincts
• The vocabulary for calm and gentle birthing.
• Visualizing gentle births by viewing beautiful birthing videos
Falling in Love with Your Baby/Preparing Mind & Body
• The remarkable mind of your newborn baby—Prenatal bonding techniques
• Rapid and instant self-relaxation techniques and deepening techniques
• Breathing techniques for labor and birthing
• Hypnotic relaxation and visualization
• Selecting the right care provider
• The Birth companion’s role in birthing
• Preparing your body for birthing with massage and toning
Getting Ready to Welcome your Baby
• Preparing Birth Preference Sheets
• Preparing the Body for Birthing
• Light Touch Labor Massage
• Your body working for and with you
• Avoiding artificial induction and achieving a natural start to labor
• Releasing negative emotions, fears and limiting thoughts.
An overview of Birthing – A Labor of Love
• Onset of Labor – Thinning and Opening Phase
• Birth explained simply
• Settling in at the hospital or birthing center
• Preparing for home birth – or baby’s choice of birth
• As labor moves along – passing time through labor
• Hallmarks of labor
• If labor rests or slows – Companion’s prompts and activities
• As labor advances – birthing with your baby
• Protecting the natural birthing experience
• Birth rehearsal imagery.
Breathing Love - Bringing Life
• Moving into birthing
• Positions for descent and birthing
• Breathing baby down to birth
• Baby moves to the breast
• Family bonding with your baby
Disclaimer: Hayley can assume no responsibility or liability for the outcome of any pregnancy, labor, or birth. The content of the HypnoBirthing Course and CD products are in no way represented as medical advice, nor as a prescription for medical procedure. As always, you should seek the advice of your health care provider to answer any health-related or pregnancy-related issues surrounding your pregnancy, labor and delivery, or before starting any new pregnancy-related program.
(last course for 2019)
The five-week series includes a HypnoBirthing® techniques textbook, relaxation CD, and everything you need to know to reconnect with your birthing instincts and create an amazing birthing experience.